Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Costa Rica-Day 6

Well I have been in Costa Rica now for almost a week. I am loving every minute of it. Sunday we went on our first excursion. First we saw an active volcano, and a little lake kind of next to it. Later that day, we went to this zoo/waterfalls. The zoo had lots of birds, butterflies, monkeys, snakes, cheetahs, etc. The waterfalls were beautiful as well! The park had a buffet that was SO good!

Monday came around, and reality set in: time for class. I went to my first two days of Intermediate Spanish 1 and I didn't learn a thing. I was a little disappointed to say the least. My professora was very nice, but she mumbled alot and what we were learning I knew by heart. I went to the language office and switched into Conversation and Composition. I went to these classes today and loved them. They will be much more challenging but i will learn so much more from them. They are both in all Spanish, so they will be pretty tough.

For the 4th of July, we went to a little restaurant/bar where the bartender told us there would be fireworks shot off. Our group all ordered a dessert or something and waited for the fireworks. People started showing up, but the fireworks never did. I'm pretty sure the bartender just said that to get people there. It worked. Well played, Bryan.

On Monday, some of the guys that we hang out with bought a membership to the university gym. We are trying to work out at least a couple days a week. Today after class, we went to eat lunch at a Mexican restaurant, and then went to the gym for about 45 minutes. Afterwards, we went to the mall in order to see a movie (Wednesdays, they have 2 tickets for the price of one). Unfortunately, all the movies within 2 hours were sold out. We ended up just shopping and walking around the mall for a couple hours.

On Saturday, I am going on a school sponsored cruise to Tortuga Island. I have no idea what we will do once we get there, but we can horseback ride, kayak, snorkel, play beach volleyball, or just bum around on the beach. Sunday, a group of us are going to this resort/spa place. I'm not too sure exactly what is there but I hear it will be fun. Apparently The Bachelorette was filmed there...must be important. Monday will be "back to school, back to school, to prove to dad that I'm not a fool."

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment